How to Submit an R350 Grant Application Under the New Regulations
The R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant, which is intended to support people who are desperately in need of financial assistance due to the COVID-19 pandemic, has recently undergone changes as a result of the South African Social Security Agency’s (SASSA) recent revisions to its rules and requirements. Individuals who are not already receiving any other social grants or unemployment insurance benefits are eligible for the grant, which is now worth R350 per month.
To apply for the SASSA SRD Grant under the new rules, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between 18 and 59 years old
- Must not be receiving any other form of social grant or unemployment insurance benefit
- Must not have a formal or informal income
- Must not be receiving any other form of financial support
- Must not have been a SASSA SRD grant recipient before
To apply for the grant, individuals can follow these steps:
- Gather all the required documents including ID, proof of residence and bank account details
- Visit a SASSA office or apply online on the SASSA website
- Submit the required documents
- Wait for the application to be processed, it takes around 2 to 4 weeks
- Check the status of the application via the SASSA status check
It’s important to keep in mind that each family is only permitted to submit one application, and the grant might alter in the future. It is essential to check with the SASSA office or visit the SASSA website for the most up-to-date information and to clarify if you are still qualified for the grant. The eligibility requirements and the amount of the grant may vary from time to time.
Would you like to study at RWANDA? Subscribe to africaranker.com newsletter for frequent updates.